Donald K. Lanman - US Army - Riviera Beach, FL
Education and Training Accomplishments:
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Nevada, Journalism & Marketing
- MBA Studies, St. Mary’s College, California
- US Army, NCO Leadership School, Ft. Jackson, SC
- US Army Infantry Officers Candidate School, Ft. Benning, Ga
- Veteran; Commissioned Officer, United States ARMY
- Marketing, Sales, Advertising, PR Professional
- Brand Development, Sales, New Business Markets
- Brand Development, Sales, Advertising, Public Relations, Television & Radio
- Seminar Sales, Internet, Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Targeted List Marketing/Sales
- Business to Business, Consumer Direct, Customer Relationship & Affinity Sales
- Results focused marketing/sales professional experienced in market strategy planning, budgeting, sales, fundraising, brand & new business development, sales/marketing operations management with an extensive background in all marketing/sales communications channels
- Strategic Planning, Budgeting & Management of all Bank Marketing Communications
- Sales Training, New Business Development, Seminar Marketing & Loan management
- Direct Sales/Management, Telemarketing, Direct Mail, social media. Print, Radio/TV
- Brand Strategy, Ad Development, Content & Creative Management
Professional EmploymentFirst State Bank of the Florida Keys, Key West, FL. 10/06-6/13 Senior Vice President, Marketing Officer
Reporting to the President, develop strategic planning & management of all marketing, advertising, public relations business development & branch training for a $800 million regional bank providing full-service banking, credit, debit, loan, merchant services & related financial products. Primary responsibilities include:
- Civic Relations, Budget, Public Relations Planning, Press Relations & Media Management
- Web Site Strategy, Creative, Content & Online Marketing/Sales Management
- Competitive Analysis, Market Research, Planning & Management
- Business Development & Sales Training, Coaching & Retail Management
- Results; launched a multi-media, cross-platform sales, branding, customer
- Planning & Management of Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations Strategies
- Market Research, Competitive Analysis & Program Budgeting
- New Business Development & Strategic Partnership Relationships
- Direct Mail, Internet, TV, Telemarketing, Seminar & Trade Show Marketing
- Brand Management Strategy, Ad Development, Placement & Creative Management
- Public Relations Planning, Press Relations & Media Management
- Web Site Strategy, Creative, Content & Online Marketing Management
- Results: Developed major new product brand initiatives, launched a national
- multi-media cross-platform marketing program, produced $1.2 Million in free Industry PR, and acquired $250k in new Venture Capital, Increased Gross Revenue by 38%.
401KExchange.com, Inc., West Palm Beach, FL. 3/00-5/02 Senior Vice President, Marketing & Advertising Director
- Reporting to the President, Developed & managed all marketing programs for a national “clicks & mortar” financial services prospecting database, sales lead & marketing research Information Company. Key management duties included:
- E-Commerce Planning, Web Site Creative, Content Development & Product Marketing
- Marketing, Advertising & Public & Investor Relations Planning & Management
- acquisition & retention strategy utilizing targeted customer segmentation. Introduced a new SMART product series for Deposits, Loans & Merchant Services producing $75 Million in deposits in 90 days. Introduced “power public relations” process & brand videos increasing free publicity by 48%.
Wealth-Alert Financial Group, LLC, Chicago, Florida. 6/02 -10/06 Chief Marketing Officer
Reporting to the CEO, direct the strategic planning & management operations of all marketing communications for national “start up” financial services marketing firm providing marketing research, lead generation & customer information management services for the financial, insurance, health & non-profit markets. Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Partnership Development & New Business Management
- Public Relations, Direct Mail, Advertising, Telemarketing, Trade Show & Conferences
- Brand Advertising Strategy, Media Placement & Creative Management
- Public Relations Planning, Media Training & Press Relations Management
- Results: $1.8 Million in Free public relations on Bloomberg TV, CNN/fn,
- Yahoo Finance, Business Week, Reuters, S7.5MM second round Venture Capital Raised, 80% increase in gross revenue, Produced #1 Search Engine Placement on 5 search engines.
Direct Marketing Associates, West Palm Beach, FL. 11/94-2/00 Executive Marketing Consultant
As a senior marketing executive, provided new business development, sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, Internet, strategic alliances & research services consultation for a national marketing & advertising consulting agency. Expert Consulting services included:
- Market Research, Competitive Research, Analysis, Marketing & Budget Planning
- Brand Development Strategies, New Product Development & Competitive Positioning
- Sales Programs, Telemarketing, Direct Mail, Internet, Print, TV, Program Management
- Database Marketing Strategies & Target Audience List Management
- Advertising Planning, Placement, Creative Development & Implementation
Consulting Clients: Hilton Hotels, Bank of America, CONSECO Companies, Allstate, BankMark Inc., Ask-A-Nurse Inc., BankRate.com Results: Consulted on and produced lead generation marketing.
Research & Marketing
- Targeted Database Marketing & Direct Response Strategy Planning
- Prospect Profiling, Lead Generation & Customer Relationship Affinity
- Market Research, Competitive Analysis, Market Plan Development & Implementation
- Direct Mail, Advertising, Public Relations, Print, TV, Radio & Telemarketing new business programs using target database marketing strategies to increase response rates by 10% to 18%, expanding Brand name awareness & pioneered a new “local area & business site” marketing strategy for local businesses to increase new business leads.
Younger & Williams Inc., Marketing & PR Agency, San Francisco, CA. 10/89-11/94 Vice President, Database Marketing Director
- Agency marketing director responsible for targeted database marketing, list management & consultation services for clients of the national direct marketing, PR & advertising agency.
- Creative Development, Production, Ad Placement & Media Management
- Consulting Customers: Bank One, AARP Federal Credit Union, Visa International, AMEX Life Assurance Company, Referral Systems Health Group, Professional Convention Assn., Sheraton Hotels
Advocacy on Behalf of Veterans
Donald Lanman has demonstrated a life-long dedication and determination to promoting the American ideals of God, Family, and Country beginning with service, at age 13, with the Civil Air Patrol US Air Force Auxiliary, followed by meritorious military service as a US Army Infantry Officer. A seasoned business executive, Lanman dedicates countless hours to veterans, civic and community programs with service on over 10 community/civic/philanthropic boards including Veterans, Military, Education and Workforce Development.
Don has served on the Florida Veterans Foundation-Florida Department of Veterans Affairs Board of Directors since 2014, currently serving as Vice Chairman delivering veteran advocacy, benefits education, assistance, homeless Veterans’ programs, PTSD medical support and emergency funds for veterans/families in need. As a board member of AA Aneurysm Outreach, Don participates in annual free aneurysm screenings for thousands of veterans at the VFW 2017/2018/2019 conventions identifying Vets at risk for aortic aneurysm, providing medical referrals and thus saving lives.
As Vice Chairman of Palm Beach State College Board of Directors, Lanman helped to secure $800,000 in state funds to open an on campus “Veterans Resource-Success Center” open to all Veterans, and providing veterans’ information/support, benefits assistance, education support, workplace services training/certification and college scholarships for hundreds of Florida veterans annually.
Serving on the South Florida Workforce, Board of Directors, Lanman secured a $60,000 STEAL education grant providing a diverse group of military service oriented High School students’ the tuition, travel and lodging expenses to attend the prestigious United States Naval “Explore Ambition” program. Civic, philanthropic, military and veterans’ related service & accomplishments.
As Vice Chairman, and Executive Committee Member of the Florida Veterans Foundation, Board of Directors 2014-Present. Don has been providing leadership and close support of the myriad programs, accelerating relief to Florida Veterans. His valuable service in this genre is so significant that should warrant induction into the Hall of Fame through its own merits. The success of the following programs is singularly due to Don’s tireless and prestigious work:
- Veteran Transportation to medical appointments. One six-month period moved 7,001 Veterans over 192,000 miles for a total of 34,000 volunteer hours driven.
- Emergency Financial Assistance. Well over one-half million dollars acquired went directly to support at-risk and homeless Veterans in need with no administrative costs.
- Education of Veteran Benefits through Don’s aggressive financial support providing well over $300,000 in Florida Veterans Benefits Guides reaching over 1 million Veterans and families. Guides were distributed through statewide DMV’s, VA Facilities, and County Veteran Service Officers’ locations.
- Homeless Stand downs statewide are Mr. Lanman’s forte’ in that during his tenure the homeless Veteran numbers have decreased.
- Veteran Legal Helpline that was initially funded by the Florida Veterans Foundation was endorsed by Don and has since then grown exponentially through legislative funding.
- Crisis Center for 1st line of defense of Veteran-in-crisis calls was part of Don’s leadership in support of Veterans answering Veterans in crisis calls. The absolute frontline of suicide prevention.
- Veteran Treatment Court’s meager beginnings were part of the critical thinking of Mr. Lanman, who moved the program forward and the rest is history.
- Statewide Fundraising projects, FVF Ambassador Recruiting & Statewide promotion. Don has always led the charge in raising these most critical dollars to affect the programs of Veteran advocacy.
Chairman, Palm Beach State College Foundation, Board of Directors 2014
- 5 years of successful promotion of Veterans issues & scholarships for transition education/training
- Asa leader in the Legislative team acquired $800K in state funds for local on campus Vets Resource Center
National Aortic Aneurysm Outreach Association, Board of Directors
- Free aneurysm screening of 2,084 vets at three national VFW conventions 2017/2018/2019
- ID hundreds of veterans with aortic aneurysm for medical referral
Florida State National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution Officer
- 8 years Chapter Veterans Committee Chairman, promoting veterans issues/services
- 6 years on FLSSAR Veterans Committees, 4 years as Chairman of the Veterans Battalion Committee
- 8 years sponsoring and supporting Veterans’ events: Flag Placement Day, Missing in America Burials, Veterans Day, POW/MIA, Memorial Day, Flag Retirements, National Vietnam Vets Day. Although this list is concise in length, the duties, time, and leadership involved are extensive
Civic Activities and Contributions
- Florida Veterans Foundation, Vice Chairman Board of Directors 14-Present
- Serves as the leader of the Executive Board of the FDVA Direct Support Organization, Florida Veterans Foundation, for its critical analysis of Veteran issues and solutions
- Palm Beach State College Foundation, Board Vice Chairman 14-19
- National Aneurysm Outreach Association, Board of Directors 16-21
- Sons of the American Revolution, Chapter Board of Directors 14-Present
- South Florida Workforce Investment Board, Budget Committee 12-13
- Hospice-VNA of the Florida Keys, Board Vice Chairman 07-13
- Forgotten Soldiers Outreach Association, Board of Directors 09-13
- Key West Chamber of Commerce, Membership Committee 11-13
- Military Affairs Committee, Keys West 09-13
- Agency on Aging Board Vice Chairman, Palm Beach & Treasure Coast 04-10
- Provided support for veterans & seniors with assisted living referrals
- Palm Beach County Film & TV Commission, Board of Directors 05-09
- Palm Beach International Film Festival, Board of Directors 2006
- Riviera Beach City Zoning Commission Board of Adjustments 05-08
- Board Member, Burt Reynolds Film Institute & Museum 07-08
- Leadership Monroe County Graduate-2013
- Florida Domestic Abuse Shelter Foundation, Key West 2013
- National Museum of the United States Army; Founding Sponsor & Volunteer
- Providing sponsorship & promotion of museum honoring Army Vets/Service members
- Career Source South Florida Workforce Investment, Board of Directors 12-13
- $60,000 STEM grant for High School students @ US Naval “Explore Ambition” program
- Military Affairs Committee, Chairman Public Affairs Committee 10-13
- Providing community support for active military with services, housing & education
- Forgotten Soldiers Outreach, Board of Directors 07-13
- Providing thousands of “We Care” packages to active serving military world-wide
- American Red Cross Board, 20 years serving military members & family services American Red Cross 20 Year Member, Board Member 93-94
- Direct Marketing Association, Database Marketing Committee
- American Marketing Association, AMA American Bankers Association
- Florida Bankers Association, Marketing Committee
- Civil Air Patrol, U.S Air Force Auxiliary: Cadet Officer, Search & Rescue Services,
- U.S Air Force Certificate of Proficiency Achievement.
Awards and Honors
Don has earned the recognition from countless organizations and is very well known statewide for his hard work and knowledge base of Veteran programs. He is solely responsible for the recruitment of many Florida Veteran Foundation Ambassadors. This program is significant as it ties together the diverse services of many organizations all for the main purpose of serving Veteran needs.
- Service to Veterans & Patriot Medals, Florida State Society Sons of the American Revolution
- Founders Medal for Patriotism, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- American Patriot Honor, Florida Veterans Foundation, Florida Dept, of Veteran Affairs
- Certificate of Commendation, National Museum of the United States Army
- Governor’s Veterans Service Medal, Florida Governor
- Excellence in Community Service Award, Daughters of the American Revolution
- Meritorious Service, Silver/Bronze Good Citizenship, Military Service, Silver Roger
- Sherman, Chapter Distinguished Service medals, Sons of the American Revolution
- Monroe County Commissioners “Honorary Conch” Award 2013
- “Well Meaning Man” Award, Florida Domestic Abuse Shelter
- Red Cross 20-Year Service Award, American Red Cross
- Outstanding Soldier Award, United State Army
- Civil Air Patrol Certificate of Proficiency Award -United States Air Force
Related Veterans Service Accomplishments for Florida Veterans Foundation
- Working with the Society Children of the American Revolution to develop a state-wide fundraising program to aid homeless and at-risk Veterans produced $5,000 fundraising grant for FVF
- Secured a $2,000 grant from the Palm Beach Chapter SAR for FVF to aid at-risk veterans
- Working with the Operation 120 non-profit for homeless and at-risk Female Veterans suffering from sexual trauma and related PTSD produced two grants for $2,000 to aid female veterans
- Service with the FVF for 8 years from Deputy Director to Vice Chairman averages 19 group meetings/events per month, 166 veteran or veteran supporters contacted and 55+ hours per month producing both public awareness, good will and fundraising.
- Supported the development of a Palm Beach County Veterans Service coalition of over 40 local veterans service providers to network, exchange ideas, better understand available veteran services, and coordinate service referrals to increase efficiency.
- Support West Palm Beach VA Medical facilities activities by delivering Benefit Services books, meeting with hospitalized veterans, providing food for homeless veterans and support for the West Palm Beach VA Fisher House program with donations and grants
- Frequent speaker on veteran issues for several organizations supporting veterans support including the Women Veterans Organization, Gold Star Mothers, American Legion, Florida State Sons of the American Revolution, Daughters of the American Revolution, Children of the Revolution producing public awareness and fundraising.
- Establish and manage FVF display tables at various veterans or service-related events including Employment Career Fairs, VA events. Red Cross programs, antique and collectables shows
Veteran Advocate Lanman is that once-in-a-lifetime gem that you find who makes serving Veterans look easy, when in fact it takes hard work and personal sacrifice to get the results that we are used to seeing from his everyday work.
Don has served in a leadership position within the Florida Veterans Foundation since its meager beginnings. He is solely responsible for the impressive growth of this organization. He is always at the ready for a phone call to discuss the best path forward in serving the masses of Veterans in the state. I must emphasize that he is NOT waiting for the phone call for you can see by his lengthy list of admirable work that he is on the go 24/7 serving Veterans.
Lieutenant Lanman surpasses all expectations and not only advocates for Veterans but intertwines the common core issues with the civilian sector to be an asset for the civic domain of citizens.
He’s open-minded in his approach for the best possible solution with the result always guiding his intentions for success. I have known Don for over 7 years and have watched with great joy, the reward from his body of work. He can always be relied upon to bring closure to Veteran issues, which in all cases has built the confidence in the Veteran that someone really cares.
We can put all the flowery words in this document, but the accomplishments speak for themselves in quality and quantity of service to the community but more importantly to the individual Veteran. Don is consistent in hitting the target to provide relief to the Veteran in need. His devotion to duty in making the world a better place for his constituents and beyond is without peer. He’s the real deal and the quintessential Veteran servant in probably the entire nation. He knows no boundaries in his work, anytime and anyplace. I have great confidence that the Florida Veterans Hall of Fame Committee will select this extraordinarily gifted candidate for the highest honor that can be bestowed on a Florida Veteran, which is to be inducted.
As a Veteran who has followed the Veterans Hall of Fame since the inaugural class, I know what it takes to be the best of the best and 1LT Donald Kenneth Lanman stands out above all the others. He has my absolute confidence and my strongest recommendation for induction into the Class of 2022