Fred Robinson - USMC, Apopka, FL
Education & Training Accomplishments:
- High School graduate of George Dewey High School Republic of Philippines, 1974
- Diploma Kean College Union N. J. 3 Semester’s no Degree, 1983-1985
- N.J. Real Estate Institute Real Sales Associate License, 1985
- IFREC Mortgage Broker School, Florida Mortgage Broker License, 2008
- Primerica Florida Insurance Agent License Prime America, 2015
- ELNEC Training Completed, 2013
Professional or Employment History:
- Carpenter Technology, HeliArc Welder, Made specialized pipes and tubes for Anheuser Busch Brewery, United Steel Worker Teamster Union Member, 1977-1984.
- Century 21 A- Supreme Reality/Total Property Management, Realtor Real Estate Sales Associate, 1984-1990.
- Seaman’s Furniture Sales Associate 1990-1995; Top 4 Sales Associates in store shipped $1,000.000.00 in Furniture Annually
- Huffman Koos Furniture, Sales Associate 1995-2000; Millionaires Club shipped $1,200,000.00 in Furniture Annually in Top 2 in store in sales
- Robb & Stucky Furniture, Sales Associate 2000-2012; shipped $1,000,000.00 annually.
- Vitas Healthcare, Veterans Liaison, 2012-2015.
- American Legion Department of Florida, Assistant Adjutant 2015-2017 supported the Department Adjutant Managing the Department, Supervised Boy’s State Program, responsible for all Bids, overall maintenance of Buildings and Property, Oversaw Constitution and ByLaws, enforcement of violations of ByLaws by Posts with the Department Internal Affairs Officers, Co-Supervised the Department Convention and Fall Conferences and all Programs.
- Vitas Healthcare, Veterans Liaison 2017- Present; 1st Vitas Program in Florida to Achieve Level V of WHV (We Honor Veterans) National & Regional mentor. Completed Soul Injury & Moral Injury Training, I received the Best Foot Forward Award from Vitas Healthcare.
Fred Robinson has an impressive history of service to generations of Veterans in Central Florida. He has had the honor to serve on several Congressional Advisory Boards; impacting large Veterans communities of interest in Central Florida and National Congressional Policy.
He is currently serving as a member of Congressman Darren Soto’s Veterans Advisory Board. The Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer Veterans Advisory Council since 2013. Additionally, he previously served as a member of the Orange County Mayors Veterans Advisory Council from 2013 under Mayor Teresa Jacobs to 2018 under Mayor’s Jerry Demings and in 2018.
Later he was elected to Vice Chair of the Orange County Mayors Veterans Advisory Council, while serving as a member of Mission United Veterans Council under the United Way initiative. Additionally, he was the 1st National Partner in the history of Vitas Healthcare to the 50th Commemoration of Vietnam Veterans, and the Vice President of the newly formed Tuskegee Airman International CMSGT Richard R. Hall Jr. Central Florida Chapter.
Continues to serve as the 1st Vitas Healthcare Level V recipient in Florida of WHV and a National and Regional Mentor; and had the opportunity to serve as a member of FDVA Forward March Initiative of Governor DeSantis.
Has attended the VA Medical Center Quarterly MAC meetings; along with I have attending the VAMC Mental Health Summits since initiation. Engaged on issues of Women Veterans Health Summits when held in Central Florida, I was a Panelist Speaker on the VAMC Inaugural Care Giver Summit.
Active with the Florida Veterans Council Vietnam Veterans of America meetings, I also attend Virtual CWV- (Council of Women Veterans) monthly meetings. I attend the HSN Homeless Veterans Services Homeless Veterans meetings.
His activities extend to many Veterans Service Organizations, as a member of the American Legion Department of Florida, Life Member of the DAV Department of Florida and a Life Member of the VFW Department of Florida and have strong relationships with the Florida MOPH, PVA AND AMVETS, I attend as a Vendor/Sponsor every American Legion, DAV, VFW, AMVETS State Conventions and Fall Conferences, that provided many 50th Commemoration of Vietnam Veterans Pinning Ceremonies.
Recognized the services Vietnam Veterans Reunion at Wickham Park and pin Vietnam Veterans with the 50th Commemoration of Vietnam Pin, and accompanied with Presidential Proclamation. (Vendor support)
Have participated in the Orange County Mayor Demings Memorial Day Ceremony and Veterans Day Ceremony. I cover Seminole, Orange and Osceola Counties and go to all of the VFW, American Legion, AMVETS Posts DAV Chapters, PVA, VETCENTERS, Moose Lodges, Urban League, and Churches giving presentations on EOL Care for veterans and their loved ones.
Served as a National Alliance member for the 65th Infantry Puerto Rican Borinqueneers advocating for them to receive their Congressional Gold Medal. I brought this to Former Congresswoman Corrine Brown’s attention and she Co-Sponsored the Original Bill and her office provided the Template for them to use to get their Congressional Gold medal since she had gotten the Montford point Marines their Congressional Gold Medal in 2012. Also, participated in in the 50th Commemoration of Vietnam Veterans Sea to Sea Ceremony at Cape Canaveral National Cemetery where 600 plus names of deceased veterans interned there in the past year in where we pinned 100+ Vietnam veterans.
Have hosted the Gold Star Mothers Ceremony from 2013 through 2017 at the Orlando City Hall Rotunda and now we have Gold Star Mothers Ceremonies with the Orange County Mayor Demings Veterans Advisory Council at the Holden Heights Community center.
Honored to have developed a tremendous relationship with the County Veterans Service Officers in which all veterans on Vitas services are channeled to them for resources and initiations of claims. One the VSO is told that I recommended they call the VSO knows this is a terminally veteran and expedite the claim ASAP. I give Orientation at Vitas Bi Weekly on Care of a Veteran to all new employees in a 3-5 County radius, to educate on the difference between a veteran patient care at EOL and civilian patient care. Veterans need specialized care for what they’ve experienced and done.
Vitas has a Motto Every day is Veterans Day! I have my own Motto! Veterans are my Family and their Family is my Family! Last year there wasn’t a 50th Commemoration of Vietnam Veterans Day Ceremony due to COVID-19 and the Commemoration wasn’t having it again this year.
Working for Hospice and know that many Vietnam Veterans died without getting their pin and this year with the same thing it would be 2 years that may die and not receive it. I had to adapt and overcome, I spoke with VAMC Director Timothy Cooke and strongly recommended we have a Vietnam Veterans Drive through pinning Ceremony at VAMC Lake Baldwin just like COVID-19 Vaccinations and Director Cooke agreed and approximately 100 veterans drove through and roughly 45 had their spouses with them; following through on the promise, to welcome them home.
Civic Activities & Contributions:
- Vice President of the CMSgt Richard R. Hall Jr. Central Florida Chapter of Tuskegee Airman International
- Participated in Homeless Veterans Stand Downs in Sanford, Orlando and Kissimmee in which Vitas Healthcare sponsored food for $1,000.00.
- Participated in VAMC Town Hall Meetings sponsored food at Apopka VFW, Sanford Community Center, Hosted & sponsored food at Spirit of 45 Events at Winter Park Civic Center, Sponsored Bingo Pizza Parties at the VAMC Lake Nona CLC and distributed $100.00 of Canteen Coupons to residents who had Bingo.
- Brought Orlando Solar Bears to CLC for the 1st Christmas Party, Brought 7-8 WWII Veterans to the Army, Navy and Marine Corps Balls annually since 2013 Voided 2020 due to COVID-19. I was on the Panel at 1st Baptist Church Orlando to discuss EOL resources and services and veteran’s benefits.
- Participated primary panel for Service Academy selection; interviewing Candidates for Military Academy’s for Congresswoman Val Demings and Congressmen Darren Soto. Spearheaded Veteran Birthday Vehicle Parade for CMSGT Richard R. Hall Jr. 97th Birthday and advocated for him to be the Grand Marshall for the 2020 MLK Day Parade.
- Participated in every Orlando Veterans Day Parade since 2014 with Lynx Every day is Veterans Day Wrapped Bus and 3 Mustang GT convertibles with WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Iraq/Afghanistan veterans.
- I preform bedside salute Ceremonies for rapid declining veterans at their home, hospital, ALF and LTC facilities.
- Attend Orange County Veteran Service Officers weekly training, to increase understanding Veterans healthcare options.
- Served as a Guardian on 4 Honor Flights and Vitas Healthcare Sponsored 6 Veterans Organization Commanders and VSO’s on Honor Flight’s.
- Facilitated opportunities for WWII, Korea and Vietnam veterans to attend 1st Baptist Church Academies Veterans Day Program.
- Coordinated and arranged interviews for Tuskegee Airman CMSGT. Richard R. Hall Jr. who served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Montford Point Marine Sgt. Charles Foreman for Black History month and Marine Corps Field Music Sgt. Sallie Amato for Women’s History month.
- Sponsored Spirit of 45 Events at the Winter Park Civic Center for WWII Veterans to be Recognized and Honored. I assist veterans to be interviewed by UCF Veterans History Project. I also I attend Woodlawn and Glen Haven Cemeteries Memorial Day Ceremonies.
Awards & Honors:
- 1st Inaugural Award from Heart of Florida United Way Mission United for Game Changer Impact Maker winning $5000.00 to give to his Charity of choice which was Gold Star Mothers and Orlando Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council’s Hero of Covid for 2021 Award.
Certificates of Special Congressional Recognition from:
- Congresswoman Corrine Brown.
- Congressman Darren Soto
- Congresswoman Val Demings