John Brinkley - USMC USAF Veteran - WWII - Ormond Beach, FL
John Brinkley is the founder and president of the Veterans Museum and Education Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to honor those men and women who have served in our armed forces to defend our freedom and liberty. also to recognize their commitment, courage and sacrifice in serving our country. the museum occupies 8,000 sq. ft. at 166 south beach street, Daytona Beach, Florida and has 130 members.
He is a world war ii veteran of the u.s. marine corps, who served in the 2nd marine air wing in aircraft maintenance with the fleet marines in 1946 and 1947.
He is also a veteran of the U.sS Air Force who served four years during the Korean war in 1951-1955. he was in the training command and aircraft maintenance during that time.
John is a graduate of the University of Tennessee with a degree in business administration. john spent 38 years in the business world in engineering, program management, manufacturing management and private consulting. this included twenty six years at Harris Corporation headquartered in Melbourne Florida. highest management level at Harris Corporation was director.
He served as an elder in the Church of the Good Shepherd, Palm Bay Florida and as an elder in Christ Presbyterian Church, Ormond Beach, Florida.
AWARDS AND MEDALS
- WWII VICTORY MEDAL
- NATIONAL DEFENSE SERVICE MEDAL
- GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL(USMC)
- GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL(USAF)
- J.J. MARTIN LEADERSHIP AWARD
- VETERAN OF THE YEAR (GREATER DAYTONA BEACH, 2017)
- DAR COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD (2019)
- STATE OF FLORIDA GOVERNOR’S VETERANS SERVICE AWARD (2016)
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD (2016)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- CLEMSON COLLEGE 1947-1951 NO DEGREE
- UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE 1955-1957
- B.S. DEGREE IN BUISNESS ADMINSTRATION AT KNOXVILLE
CIVIC ACTIVITES AND CONTRIBUTIONS
- AMERICAN LEGION POST 267, ORMOND BEACH, FLORIDA
- BPOE LODGE # 2193, ORMOND BEACH, FLORIDA
- VOLUNTEER IN FUND RAISING FOR HIGH SCHOOL BANDS
- VOLUNTEER IN FUND RAISING FOR SALVATION ARMY
- FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF NON PROFIT CORPORATION KNOWN AS VETERANS MUSEUM AND EDUCATION CENTER
- PREPARATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF FOOD BASKETS TO NEEDY FAMILIES